To compliment a hard copy of the Laws, check out the official IFAB app. Laws of the Game become effective 1 July. Explore them with the official app from The...
Effective Jan 1, 2020 by California law AB 379, all Coaches and Referees associated with youth sports programs must complete Sudden Cardiac Arrest training (SCA). Details may be found at https://aysovolunteers.org/sudden-cardiac-arrest-sca/.
Here are the instructions for taking the course or, for those of you who have already completed the course outside of AYSO (via club, high school or college leagues), how to register your certificate of completion.
For anyone who hasn’t taken the course:
- Login to AYSOU
- After login, click on Online Courses > Sudden Cardiac Arrest Online Course (click “Open”)
- Click on “Launch” for “Sudden Cardiac Arrest Online Course Module”
- Complete the course
- Click on “Launch” for “Sudden Cardiac Arrest Course Certificate” and save the certificate to your computer
It will be posted to your certification record.
For anyone who has previously taken the course (outside of AYSO) and has a certificate of completion:
- Login to AYSOU
- After login, go to: In-Person Courses > Safe Haven Instructor Led Courses (click “Open”) > Sudden Cardiac Arrest (click “Open”)
- Click on “Launch” for “Instructions and Requirements” and close it by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the pop-up window
- Click on “Launch” for “Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certificate Upload” and upload your Certificate of Completion
- Click on “Sessions” for “Sudden Cardiac Arrest Completion Roster” and register for “Section 1: Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification, 31 Dec 2025”
The certificate of SCA training completion will be posted to your AYSO profile record when the instructor accesses the session and updates the registrations and exam fields.
Questions? Send Al Prado, Section 1 Director of Referee Instruction, a note at email@example.com.